If you want to have a piece of Russian culture in your house, then buy a matryoshka dolls. It will become both a russian souvenir and a toy for a child.
Interesting facts about nesting dolls:
- Matryoshka appeared at the end of the 19th century in Moscow at the “Child care” factory.
- The name "matryoshka" is a derivative from the Russian name of Matryon.
- In the largest matryoshka 100 figures. Now she is in the Historical Museum in Moscow.
- The smallest nested doll was made by master Anatoly Konenko. It consists of four figures, the smallest doll is 1 millimeter.
- Each billet for nesting dolls goes through more than ten stages of processing.
Babushka doll vs Matryoshka doll
Matryoshka doll is called "babushka doll" or "nesting doll". A matryoshka doll, also known as a Russian nesting doll, stacking dolls, or Russian doll, is a set of wooden dolls of decreasing size placed one inside another. Matryoshka is a traditional Russian souvenir, the most popular among Russians and foreigners.Wooden toys are what a child needs. They are non-toxic, pleasant and eco-friendly. Look at other products for your children and buy them with a matryoshka dolls.