If you want to have a piece of Russian culture in your house, then buy a matryoshka dolls. It will become both a russian souvenir and a toy for a child.
Interesting facts about nesting dolls:
- Matryoshka appeared at the end of the 19th century in Moscow at the “Child care” factory.
- The name "matryoshka" is a derivative from the Russian name of Matryon.
- In the largest matryoshka 100 figures. Now she is in the Historical Museum in Moscow.
- The smallest nested doll was made by master Anatoly Konenko. It consists of four figures, the smallest doll is 1 millimeter.
- Each billet for nesting dolls goes through more than ten stages of processing.
Babushka doll vs Matryoshka doll
Matryoshka doll is called "babushka doll", "russian doll" or "nesting doll". A matryoshka doll, also known as a Russian nesting doll, stacking dolls, or Russian doll, is a set of wooden dolls of decreasing size placed one inside another. Matryoshka is a traditional Russian souvenir, the most popular among Russians and foreigners.Wooden toys are what a child needs. They are non-toxic, pleasant and eco-friendly. Look at other products for your children and buy them with matryoshka dolls.
Hello, Russian dolls!
Russian doll is a Russian wooden toy in the form of a painted doll, inside of which there are similar smaller dolls. The number of nested dolls is usually three or more. Themes for painting can be very different: from fairy-tale characters to politicians.
The exact history of the origin of the Russian dolls is unknown. The most plausible assumption is that the Russian master depicted Slavic images or concepts from legends. There is an assumption that the matryoshka has Japanese roots (This sample was a set of Buddhist saint Fukurum figures inserted into each other).